Thursday 20 June 2013

Butterball



 photo ae2ad715-a11d-45b0-a6ee-7d27e57984ea_zpsbfd5b7e1.jpg

I am no stranger to Lush and their spectacular variety of products, hell, I even tried for a job there (to no avail, wah!). However, it soon dawned on me that I hadn't yet tried their most prestigious and well known bath ballistic, the butterball.
I immediately dragged my wonderfully patient boyfriend on the two bus journey to my local store in the Manchester Arndale to pick one up. Now, many will try to steer you away from such Lush products due to them being slightly on the pricey side, but I firmly believe that they are totally worth it and at £2.45 the butterball is one of their cheaper bath bombs.
The first thing I noticed was the fragrance. Lush are notorious for their strong smelling shop and heavily fragranced goods that some may find over powering, but the butterball has a very soft, cocoa-y scent, strong enough to be totally lovely but not so strong that it tickles your nostrils!
As I had an exam the next day, I decided I'd use the butterball in a nice relaxing bath before bed. I ran my water, adding some wilkos own brand honey and vanilla bath foam (these are usually available at the very tiny price of 2 for £1.50 for 500ml and this deal can be used on their shower gels and other goodies!) and settled down with my book. Before I got too comfortable, I dropped in the ballistic and watched it fizz away. The scent rising from my water was divine.
After about a half hour soak I got out and smelt fantastic (my boyfriend wouldn't stop sniffing me!). The chunks in the butterball, assuming this is cocoa butter, left my skin feeling smooth right up until the next night, when I got into the shower, and the scent stayed with me too.
As per usual I finished my bathing routine by using Soap & Glory's The Righteous Butter (£10.50 for 300ml from Boots), slipped into fresh PJs, made a nice mug of herbal tea and settled into bed.
All in all very pleased with the butterball, not quite my favourite but it is very good if you don't want to spend over £3 on one bath bomb. The vanilla and cocoa butter is perfect for those with sensitive skin, for those who love to have really hot baths (which tend to dry you out) and the lovely, light, musky smell is fantastic for anyone not fond of strong smelling products.
What are your must-have bath products?





No comments:

Post a Comment